The most common question I get today is: “What’s going to happen with the presidential election? Can Trump really win again? Can Biden pull it off by just hiding in his basement?”
I don’t think it’s as easy as who wins and who loses. I think this election is much more perilous. You probably feel the same way.
Our values, our systems, our rules, and our commonality have broken down — and it feels like we are on the verge of a real civil war.
If I am going by the data, within the next decade, I believe many American states will try and secede from our union.
This is not a joke or hyperbole. I truly believe we are heading in that direction based on the confluence of massively disruptive events.
As I’ve poured over consumer and voter data since March, I’m convinced now more than ever, that our societal “kicking the can” on sacrifice, responsibility, debt, education, etc. is boiling over.
We all have some big choices to make soon and mark November 3rd (Election Day) as the first big one.
And after looking at hundreds of thousands of data points since March (which we’ve released to subscribers, for free, to improve your business outcomes — HERE), there are some key current indicators of unrest, that I believe will be put on steroids after the election. This includes:
- 53% of Americans distrust the federal government.
- The national unemployment rate is currently sitting in double digits. In states like California, for example, 1/3 of the job force has filed unemployment claims since March, including 46% of African Americans.
- Civil unrest in our biggest cities despite our data showing that 69.3% of Americans either believe that police should be trusted (or don’t have an opinion either way).
- The disruption or cancellation of America’s most popular sports leagues (including the lack of fan attendance) + woke athletes pushing a political agenda (even though 87–92% of Americans don’t want athletes preaching politics).
- Social media’s disruption on society; from the banning of free speech to our new data showing 72% of Americans believe the news and information on Facebook to be untrustworthy.
- Higher education is crumbling with the massive outrage over tuition costs in the new online education coronavirus world.
What’s the straw that finally breaks the camel’s back after the presidential election on November 3?
Maybe it’s a newly elected President Biden mandating all Americans get a coronavirus vaccine (when it becomes available) and the red states revolt.
Or maybe it’s when blue state Americans (and the mainstream media) literally can’t tolerate four more years of President Trump and rebel.
Most likely it will be some issue or action we haven’t even thought about yet. …
If you read the tea leaves like me and want to follow data-oriented leaders in the news, podcast and social media world (that will help you combat the looming storm), here are some of the best “thinkers” fighting for a more hopeful future:
- Sports and Politics — Clay Travis and Jason Whitlock: The owners of Outkick.com are fighting against the mainstream media cancel-culture mob and looking at sports and race-based data differently than any other media publication in America. Their opinions are counter to what you are seeing out there, it’s being attacked by CNN, the Washington Post, and similar outlets. These guys take the bullets so you don’t have to. Check them out here: Outkick.com, Clay Travis (Twitter), Jason Whitlock (Twitter), and Outkick The Show.
- Life Improvement and Business Innovation- James Altucher: No one in America is as thoughtful in this moment as James (did you see his latest post on New York City that has been attacked by the woke mob? If not, go read it now). He’s a serial entrepreneur and if you want to start or grow a business in this disruptive coronavirus moment, James is the guy to pay attention to for data and advice. Check him out here: jamesaltucher.com, The James Altucher Show, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Coronavirus Health — Dr. Drew Pinsky: “Dr. Drew” is the most reasonable man in medicine today. He doesn’t choose a side, he chooses to follow the data — and he works 24/7 to report what he’s seeing. His sole mission is to help and care for others. Check him out here: drdrew.com, The Dr. Drew Podcast, Twitter, Instagram.
- Coronavirus News Reporting — Alex Berenson: Alex is probably the most data-driven and impactful figure in all of media right now. A former New York Times journalist, he has royally pissed off the “all-fear and panic” media by reporting on facts surrounding the coronavirus. Not only that, he is shedding light on why the “all-fear and panic-porn” reporters are constantly scaring you (clicks, $ and power). Alex is really a bright light in this dark moment. Check him out here: Twitter and Amazon.
- Academics, Politics and Big Tech — Bret Weinstein and Eric Weinstein: If you abhor the cancel culture in society, whether in academics, politics, or big tech, Bret and Eric Weinstein (they are brothers) are must follows. They represent the intellectual discourse our society needs right now. Liberal in their ideology, but aggressive in their distaste for liberal mob-mentality, the Weinstein brothers represent the ideas we need to come together as a society. Check them out here: Eric: The Portal, Twitter, and Youtube. Bret: Twitter and Youtube.
As former Democratic presidential candidate, Andrew Yang recently stated, we are a society that is “data shy and argument heavy.”
It might be time for the silent majority to follow the data, speak up, and help our country heal from the most unstable year of our lives.
Otherwise, we are going to have a civil war.
PS — My marketing agency, WinBigMedia.com, is hiring for two new positions – A senior account director and head of business development. Interested? Then you should know our values first: Give and Grow. I discuss them extensively on the Growth to Freedom podcast with Dan Kuschell. Listen at https://bit.ly/3kTekce and apply at winbigmedia.com!